Well here is a classic with a great twist. This is a dip that is so irrisistable. It is hot and spicy and delicious. If you have read most of the recipes on the page you will find they are very simple yet fantastic dishes. This dish is nutritious and also vegetarian, you can even make it vegan by using the spicy hummus recipe instead of putting the ratatouille over the goat cheese. With this recipe all you need is some crackers, toast or even just a spoon and enjoy!
5 T olive oil
1 medium eggplant, cut into small cubes
2 small yellow squash, cut into small cubes
2 medium onion, finely chopped
2 red peppers, seeded and cut into small squares
3-4 cloves of garlic
3 ripened tomatoes, cut in quarters
4 T SALSA MAYA
1 lb goat cheese
1. Beat the goat cheese and SALSA MAYA until well incorporated and add to a medium serving or cassorole dish
2. In a medium sauce pan add half of olive oil and sweat the onions and garlic together
3. When they are almost tender add eggplant and cook for about 2 min. then add squash cook for about 2 min. and add the red peppers and continue to cook for another 2 min.
4. Add the tomatoes and the rest of the olive oil, season with salt and pepper
5. Pour the ratatouille on top of the SALSA MAYA and goat cheese mix and serve with baguette toast