This flatbread it one deliciously spicy flatbread! It is full of great flavor and it is spicy, sweet, salty and addicting; everything you would want. Pears and figs are in season during the fall, so if you want to make this during another season just switch for your favorite fruit from that season and you will still love it. This makes a great appetizer or meal!
1 box of puff pastry (comes with two pieces of pastry dough will make two flatbreads)
2 c goat cheese (cream cheese works too)
1/4 c. SALSA MAYA
4-6 fresh figs, sliced in quarters
2 pears, thinly sliced
1/2 c. balsamic vinegar
2 c. fresh arugula
1. Preheat oven to 375* F
2. In a sheet tray put lay the 2 pieces of pastry dough and extend them
3. Mix the SALSA MAYA and goat cheese together and generously spread on the dough, leave 1 inch of the edge clean
4. In a sauce pan reduce the balsamic vinegar until it becomes a syrup about 5 min.
5. Slice the figs and pears and distribute them between the flatbreads
6. Put the flatbread in the oven for 20 minutes or until dough is golden
7. Drizzle the balsamic syrup and sprinkle salt and put the arugula evenly on the flatbread and enjoy!